Friday, November 15, 2013

Bald Eagle by Levi Hott

Every day, it is most likely to see a wild animal, even going to school!  It's probably going to be a deer.  You could also see a ground hog.  Yesterday, I saw a bald eagle!  That was the second time I saw a bald eagle.

I saw the eagle on the way to school!  It's white head glistened in the sun.  "A bald eagle," I shouted!  Afterward, my dad said, "That is right."  The beak was bright yellow, and the body was dark brown. The whole time, it stood with pride.

(This story appears here as it was written by our Levi Hott, age 8, third grader at Warm Springs Intermediate School.  I will never forget the day he came home from school excited about seeing a bald eagle.  He wrote this essay for a school assignment...pretty cool, eh?)

"...but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  
They will soar on wings like eagles..." Isiah 40:31

No comments: