Monday, December 1, 2014

Advent Conspiracy for Cyber Monday

December 1st!

Cyber Monday!

So, the kiddos are back to school and this morning is the first time I have checked my email since before Thanksgiving.  Holy cow!  214 messages in my "Promotions" inbox!  Are.you.kidding.me?

Thinking I could do a little online shopping since the house is quiet (and Levi is not manipulating my laptop), the shear amount of great deals and offers are making this 49-year-old-grey-haired-PD blogging-hott- mama-of-four's mind spin!

Aaaaaarrrrrgh!  Delete,... delete...  DELETE!

You know what?  Yesterday, Pastor Stan shared this video called the "Advent Conspiracy."  Check it out.  I never realized the US spends $450 billion at Christmas!  Wow...that sure could purchase quite the STEAM robotics engineering program for our at risk county here in rural West Virginia.

Excuse me, can I tell you something?  My sister-in-law, Tammy (who headed home to Philly early Sunday morning) proposed just this idea on Thanksgiving Day!  She suggests that our family contribute to a charity collectively as a family rather than purchase gifts for adults; and continue her traditional yummy cookie and mint fudge exchange!  Her idea was that we select the Michael J Fox Foundation, who is researaching a cure for Parkinson's Disease.  There's a cool gift!

I love it!  And, how interesting that within an hour after she heads home Pastor Stan shows us all this video.  I think God was winking at Aunt Tammy as she headed north on that PA Turnpike!




No comments: