Sunday, January 8, 2012

Hope Looks Like This


I have always had hope. Always. Today, I saw hope. Hope was standing tall and still in front of me. Thank you Rob Fisher for your story today.

I am journaling this story of a courageous individual, Ben Petrick, who recently underwent brain surgery to combat his sypmtoms with Parkinson's Disease.  (It just happened to be posted on facebook today.)  This newscast gives a pretty alarming image of PD before and an amazing transformation of what PD looks like after DBS (Deep Brain Stimulation).

Once I let it slip out in front of many people while asking for prayers and support for Dan, "Parkinson's Disease sucks."  It's a chronic illness that steals not only a young man's physical abilities but also his future.  You know what?  I think I have taken on the mindset that live today to the fullest because, well, the future with Parkinson's doesn't look like much fun. 

Every day takes hope and courage.  Until today, I have always heard and read that for Parkinson's Disease, there is no cure.

But today, I saw hope standing in front of me.  And today, I was reminded that for God, anything is possible.

            "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."  Matthew 19:26

Like I said at church this morning, "Can Dan borrow your DBS?"

No comments: