Monday, January 9, 2012

Moms of Faith Handbook for Boredom


HELP!  Did you get a little crazy over the holidays hearing "MOM!  I'm bored!"  Check out today's column on Hott Flashes.  Let's get together and create a list of fun things to do when the kids complain.  I'm sending a few success stories from the Hott House.  Tell me yours and next week we'll publish EVERYBODY'S!!!!

Here's how to post your fun stuff!  Just comment under the column; here on my blog; or, on facebook.  Link and/or "share" (fb) the idea to your friends too!  I'll catch them all and compile all our ideas.  Bet you do something I've never heard of!  Be sure to check out my list on Moms of Faith: 


love, a

2 comments:

olive oyle said...

Hi Angie, of course my children were always bored at just about the time I was ready to relax which was after dinner on a weekend night. We didn't watch much tv or have video games. I would suggest they write a play, rehearse it, then perform it for me. I was always amazed at the detail of their creations and they did this from childhood through their teens. They were always mostly musicals complete with costumes and makeup. I had hours of peace and quiet : ). Sometimes they wrote songs and performed them for me. Another fun game was spy. Using gadgets from the kitchen and around the house they would create "spy" ware. The outfits were histerical and usually came with a fantastical plot. I can't tell you how I roared with laughter at so many of their creations. Sometimes I would simply pull out the pizza dough and let them create their own pizza faces not so relaxing for me but lots of fun. Their are always toys that need to be washed. Having two daughters we used to have doll bubble bath parties. Many of these things I too did as a child. My mom was wonderful at creating things for us to do as kids. Good luck with your column. All the best to you and yours Vikki.

Angie Hott said...

Hi "Olive" -
I would sure love to see those performances on video today! Just think of the cool things we can preserve now with all the new ipod, or even phones!
Guess what? We're doing the pizza idea at the Hott House TONIGHT! Gonna start the column with pizza!
Thanks for reading!
love, a