Monday, August 16, 2010

The Final Countdown!

Monday morning and all are still asleep at 9:22 a.m.??? Not for long! Only one week left for school to start and LOTS to do! From hemming 6 pair of 6 year old new school pants to scheduling Judo, Gymnastics, Soccer, and Piano, I'm just not sure where to begin.

We managed to find some great deals with tax free shopping in Maryland! Turns out, the only thing I had to pay full price for was Levi's backpack for Kindergarten. He insisted on having a Star Wars back pack to match his Star Wars sneakers and shirt! He'll be the best dress kid in Berkeley Springs! See how silly he is on the paddle boat on Plymouth Bay? The next picture is Levi on the boat's potty but we won't post "that" one!

So, last night we watched the movie "Julie and Julia". Anyone see it? Got me thinking about all the things I can do once school starts and wonder if trying Julia Childs recipes in 365 days would be fun..... nah! But in case you're thinking of dropping by for a visit, you might want to call first. Dan and I could be checking off "other" things on our list!

Unofficially, I have been a stay at home mom since 1999! Any ideas of what to do with myself are surely welcome! Trying to get Dan to teach me to golf; but the last time he tried to teach me to ski didn't go very well. That was 14 years ago and we haven't been to a ski slope since!

For now, guess I'll be bloggin'!

1 comment:

Wendy Irene said...

I think you should definitely give golf a try! At least when you are not doing ‘other’ things, hehe. My husband tried teaching me to ski too. It just wasn't for me. Golf on the other hand on a beautiful day is a lot of fun. I'm a big fan of 9 holes right now and it not taking a long time to play. That way if you have 4 hours you could do golf AND a movie. At least that is how this beginner sees it. ;-) Thanks so much for sharing your link in Moms with Blogs! Great to see you there!! Have a good day!