Friday, October 1, 2010

Flying Kites on the Beach by Violet Hott



When I flew kites on the beach in Kitty Hawk, NC, it was peaceful and exciting. It was a perfect day for flying kites. Look! My kite finally got up in the air!

There were so many sights that night. People were walking slowly in the sand, and I could see kites going towards the sky. Seashells were washing up on the shore, and big and little ghost crabs were jumping in and out of their holes.

I could hear the strong and mighty wind blowing in my face. The waves were crashing loudly in the sand. There were fast cars going back and forth on the sandy road behind me.

Ouch! I stepped on a sharp seashell! My kite handle is tugging hard. The cool dry sand below my feet feels so good.

I love flying kites on the beach. Oh no! There goes our box kite flying toward the ocean freely. I can't wait till next year!


Violet Hott is our ten year old daughter, gymnast, mathematician, freckled-faced beauty, with sun drenched hair and sky blue eyes! She wrote this essay for her fifth grade class at Warm Springs Intermediate! This is a true story. Isn't it beautiful! We actually lost a box kite over the Atlantic this summer.

"The Heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands."
Psalms 19:1

1 comment:

Wendy Irene said...

That is beautiful! Great work Violet! I really enjoyed reading it and it provoked emotion making me want to go to the beach.