Friday, September 17, 2010

Makin' Miracles!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SbH-L1lrJ0

Lately, the Hott House has had a little trouble in piano paradise that has just been making this Hott Mama a little crazy (zier than normal)!

Let me tell you this, if I may, that a very important doctor near DC told Dan there would be a >2% chance that he would ever be able to make a baby. Something scientific to do with the acrozome reaction of sperm reaching eggs. Dan was around some environmental hazards when working around radiation in the Arctic. I'll tell you this, it wasn't for lack of practice; but new babies we were not producing... for nearly five years.


Well, little did this doctor know that God had another plan for the Hott House! Only after we spent $20,000 on the American Express Card! We underwent a treatment called ICSI, or intra cytoplasmic sperm injection! Nine months later, our dear little Violet was born! Around three years later, we made a trip to the Florida Keys and guess what we brought home for a souvenir?! Isaac Daniel Hott!

When Isaac was six months old, we made another trip to the sunshine state. Guess what?... yes, our adorable freckled Levi Nathaniel Hott was born! Alright, by this time, I am 40 years old and Dan is the ripe ole age of 48. What's going on here????? We were living proof of Sarah and Abraham!
Presenting... the Hott Family:
And no, it's not what you're thinking! But remember what Jesus told us in Matthew 17:19-20 when he said "I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, `Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."
Salvation can do miracles, and I'm a witness to this. Caity and I met my hunk-honey Dan in 1995. I was a single Christian mom with a five year old brown eyed, curly haired mop-top! Not like there wasn't a line at my door; because there was. Among them were plenty of believers. But there was my Dan; an environmental engineer, raised in a large farm-family, a successful business man, and a non believer in God.

What was I thinking? For someone reason, and I still don't know why, but Caity liked him. And you know what? She got him to come to church with us! I think he really just came along for the ride or to go out to dinner after. But he came nonetheless! And in the Fall of 2002, Dan became saved!

Now, he NEVER told me of this! Within three months of God's celebration for Dan, I was pregnant. And in 15 months, again! I had no idea what was going on (well, you know what I mean.....) until Levi was about 8 months old and Dan revealed to us his salvation story! That year, we skipped going to Florida!

Makin' Miracles? Oh yes we are! And each day is a mystery beyond what I can wrap my head around. Sure, we're dealing with life just like the next person with PD and genetic heart issues; but each day brings us a celebration, literally, of heaven on earth! Caity has depth of wisdom beyond her 20 years; Violet can soar "like an eagle"; Isaac is too smart for his own good; and Levi is the first kindergarten "Star" of the week!

I see a glimpse of holiness in the little things; and here's one to share with you. How does a new six year old play piano like this?! I have been involved with music and can not comprehend the process of hearing a song and just playing it on the piano. At 3, Isaac would listen to Ode to Joy and just play it. He could hear a note and just say it. He could play a song, and just transpose it! Sound crazy? Well, it is! Check out this pretty typical Hott House fun:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2uxuo8PnNw&feature=related

Now, even crazier; Isaac will do everything he can to avoid playing the piano! And it is making me crazy! But when he finally does, we see Miracles in the Making!
"Now thanks be to God for His indescribable Gift!"

1 comment:

Wendy Irene said...

Those are wonderful miracles! Heaven on Earth is a great way to live ;-)