Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Eureka!... Pray for Parkinson's

"Eureka!" After racking my brain about how I can make a difference this April for Parkinson's Awareness Month, I finally came up with an idea.

You won't find me out there running across the country or climbing up some mountain like those other folks you read about on the Michael J. Fox Foundation page (www.michaeljfox.org). It is doubtful I will ever attend one of those marathons in NYC or a Moving Day (www.parkinson.org)!  Here in the sticks of West Virginia, we are just way too far away.  And the World Parkinson's Conference in Canada (http://www.worldpdcongress.org/)?  Yeah, right.

So, what could this 47-year-old-grey-haired-hott-mama-of-four do?

Pray.

That's all I came up with.  I got 10 of those green rubber thingies from www.pdf.org the other day and here's what I did.  I took them to my book club last night and asked my other mom friends to wear a bracelet and say a prayer for Parkinson's.  Then, I asked them to give their bracelet to someone else and ask them to say a prayer for PD.  Each time, pass the green "Fight Parkinson's Disease" bracelet on to another friend, asking them to "Pray for Parkinson's".

Think it will work?

4 comments:

Holly Bonasera said...

What an inspirational idea, Angie! Spiritual support is important and often overlooked. I will pray with you.

Holly

Angie Hott said...

Thank you Holly!

Mrs. Ambrose said...

Heck yea I will go ahead right now and say my prayer.
Lord I prat for u to bless the doctors and scientist working with this desease. I pray that they find a way to cure this disease. I I as u this Lord for my friend Dan and Rob. I also ask for a special blessing on their families as this desease is difficult on the loved ones as well. In Ur name I pray l, AMEN! !

Angie Hott said...

Woohoo! Thanks Mrs. Ambrose! You're so cool! Thanks for praying... just posting about what happened after asking ya'll to pray for PD!